Priority Reservation of a Lexus RX
1. Online priority reservation requests for the Lexus RX can be made on https://www.lexus.ie/rxonlinereservations (the “Website”).
2. Once You have placed your priority reservation request on the Website, Lexus Ireland will secure for You a vehicle production slot for a Lexus RX.
3. You will then be contacted by your selected Authorised Lexus retailer (“your retailer”) who will confirm the order of the Lexus RX with You. Your retailer will ask you to sign an order form containing separate terms and conditions governing the purchase of the Lexus RX. The terms and conditions set out herein govern only your online priority reservation and not the final purchase of the Lexus RX.
4. To make a priority reservation request for a Lexus RX, you must visit the Website. You can make a priority reservation request for a Lexus RX by clicking on the ‘Reserve Online’ button on the Website and paying a reservation fee in accordance with these terms and conditions (a “priority reservation”).
5. Priority reservations for the Lexus RX are open to the public via the Website from the 2nd of August and are subject to availability. Priority reservations are open to Irish residents aged 18 or over only.
6. Lexus RX vehicles are limited and priority reservations are on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
7. Your priority reservation is not transferable or assignable. If Lexus Ireland is unable to accept your priority reservation for any reason, we will inform You of this and we will not be liable to You or anyone else in those circumstances.
8. By placing a priority reservation on the Website, You are stating your intention to purchase a Lexus RX through your retailer, and Lexus Ireland will place You on a priority reservation list to secure the availability of a Lexus RX for You. Making a priority reservation and acceptance by us of your priority reservation does not:
(a) constitute an agreement by us to sell or supply a vehicle, or accept You for any finance product or service; or
(b) give You any guarantee or commitment as to any vehicle build or delivery date.
Payment of the Reservation Fee
9. A fully refundable reservation fee of €2,000 (the “Reservation Fee”) is payable to secure a priority reservation of a Lexus RX. Your priority reservation will be confirmed on receipt of cleared funds. If payment of the Reservation Fee is not made, your priority reservation will automatically lapse.
10. Your debit or credit card payment (or other approved method of payment) of the Reservation Fee will be processed by our third-party secure payment portal Stripe. You confirm that You are authorised to use the payment method that You provided to make the payment for the Reservation Fee and You accept that your retailer, and/or your card issuer, may carry out security checks to confirm that this is the case.
11. Upon receipt of your Reservation Fee, your priority reservation fee payment will be confirmed via email, which will secure a vehicle production slot for a Lexus RX.
12. You will then be contacted by your retailer to finalise the order of the Lexus RX.
13. When You finalise your order with your retailer, you will make the remaining payment for the Lexus RX.
Cancellation of your Priority reservation
14. You can cancel your priority reservation during the 14-day reservation period by informing your retailer. Once You have cancelled your priority reservation, the vehicle will be released, and the vehicle will no longer be reserved for you.
15. Your retailer will return your Reservation Fee if You (or Lexus Ireland) cancel your priority reservation. The refund will be made to the same debit or credit card payment (or other approved method of payment) that You used to make payment, and such refund will be made within 14 days of the date that You cancel your priority reservation on the Website. We accept no liability in the event that your Reservation Fee is refunded to your debit or credit card and that card has been cancelled, has expired or has otherwise changed.
Finalising your order of a Lexus RX
16. Payment of the Reservation Fee does not guarantee your vehicle. You must finalise your order at your retailer, where You will be asked to sign an order form which contains separate terms and conditions governing the purchase of a Lexus RX. You will need to finalise your order with your retailer no later than 14 days after your reservation has been confirmed, otherwise your priority reservation will be cancelled, and your reserved vehicle will be released in accordance with paragraph 14.
17. The Reservation Fee will be returned to You in full if You cancel your priority reservation (see paragraphs 14 and 15).
18. We make no guarantee or commitment as to any vehicle build or handover/collection dates. Such dates will be provided to You at the earliest opportunity after You place your order at your retailer and are estimates only, subject to our amendment at any time. If our supply of the vehicle is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact You as soon as possible to let You know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We will not be liable for delays caused by any such event.
Release of the reserved vehicle
19. Once You have placed your priority reservation, your retailer shall make reasonable attempts to contact You using the details You provide us. If You do not, no later than 14 days after your reservation has been confirmed, provide your retailer with the information that is necessary for us to progress your order in accordance with the timescales and instructions provided by us, Lexus Ireland and the Lexus Retailer reserves the right to cancel your priority reservation. The vehicle will be released, and your retailer will return your Reservation Fee to You in accordance with paragraph 15.
20. If You decide to cancel your priority reservation in accordance with paragraph 14, the vehicle will be released, and your retailer will return your Reservation Fee to You in accordance with paragraph 15.
Price and our vehicles
21. When You place your priority reservation, You will be provided with information about the indicative price of an Lexus RX. If, through the course of the priority reservation of a vehicle, You add certain optional features to the selected vehicle, the price of such optional features will be added to the vehicle price.
22. All prices shown on the Website for the Lexus RX are indicative of recommended retail prices only and the price offered to You by your retailer may differ.
23. Although we have made every effort to display the sizes and colours of our vehicles, accessories and trim accurately, we cannot guarantee that your device will display the sizes or colours accurately to reflect the actual size or colour of the vehicles.
24. We may amend the vehicle to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a safety defect.
26. We shall not be liable, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with this agreement for loss of profits, loss of sales or business opportunity, loss of agreements or contracts, and any indirect or consequential loss.
Governing law and jurisdiction
27. This agreement, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with or its subject matter or formation, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ireland.
28. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.
29. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation within the Lexus Ireland group.
30. This contract is between You and Lexus Ireland. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
31. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decided that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force.
32. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this we will publish the updated terms and conditions on the Website.
33. These terms and conditions can be downloaded for your reference by clicking here.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions
34. By ticking the box “I accept the terms and conditions”, You agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.