LEXUS RX DRIVERS NOW HAVE THE POWER OF THREE (ROWS)
LEXUS SIGNATURE DESIGN
The 2018 RX L offers the same award-winning safety, style, luxury, and performance as the two-row versions. The trend-setting combination of SUV versatility and luxury sedan-like comfort comes packaged in the brand’s dramatic mix of sharp creases and curves. The Lexus signature spindle grille, a focal point, is set off by an elegant chrome-plated surround and. Available L-shaped premium LED headlights use three unique L-shaped elements per side.
The RX L's elegantly blacked‑out C‑pillars create a floating-roof effect. The spindle theme repeats at the rear, with L‑shaped LED taillights enveloping the tailgate and wrapping into the rear fenders. Available 20‑inch wheel designs enhance the powerful-looking stance. All RX paint colours feature a scratch-resistant self-restoring coat, using high-performance macromolecular polymer.
In the 2018 three-row RX L, the full-length side curtain airbags cover all three rows. Lexus Safety System+ that is standard for most markets includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) and Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) with corrective steering input, Automatic High Beam (AHB) and All-Speed Adaptive Cruise Control. Available on higher grades are Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Panoramic View Monitor (PVM), Intelligent Parking Sensor (IPS), Rear Cross Traffic Braking and Adaptive High Beam System (AHS).
Luxury buyers in Western Europe seeking for a family three-row vehicle will find the ideal travel mate in the 2018 Lexus RX 450hL. The Lexus Hybrid Drive system pairs the D4-S injection 3.5-liter V6 petrol engine with two high-torque electric drive motor-generators, producing 313 combined system horsepower for strong acceleration and passing performance.
The AWD system is unique to the hybrid model. Instead of transfer gears and a driveshaft to the rear wheels used on RX 350L AWD models, an independent rear-mounted electric motor drives the rear wheels when needed to help maintain optimal traction.
In the RX 450hL, the Drive Mode Select system adds a fourth mode, EV, that enables the vehicle to drive under electric power at lower speeds for short distances. It’s an excellent way to navigate a large parking lot or garage, or to run a local errand.
RIDE AND HANDLING
All onboard the 7-passenger 2018 Lexus RX L models will experience the same luxuriously smooth, quiet ride as the two-row models offer. Front strut and rear double-wishbone suspension systems ensure agility and exemplary ride compliance over all types of surfaces. Electric Power Steering (EPS) yields a light and comfortable steering feel with excellent feedback. Available Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) adjusts the damping force according to road surface conditions.
IMPECCABLE CABIN DESIGN AND LUXURY
The RX cabin is designed with impeccable details, including form-fitting seats, and the available richly finished wood trim that curves gently up from the centre console toward the glove box.
Available interior ornamentation includes Matte Bamboo, Walnut, Dark Brown Shimamoku, 3D Film and Laser Cut Dark Wood. For the 3D Film on the base model, a glossy black three-dimensional embossed pattern is applied to create a high-quality film design with a sense of depth.
An available full-colour Head-Up Display (HUD) incorporated into the design of the instrument panel can project key information on the windshield to help the driver focus on the road.
From powerful audio to cutting-edge displays, the multimedia choices available for the 2018 Lexus RX L covers all needs. The standard Display Audio system includes an eight-inch screen, AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth® audio, voice recognition microphone, micro SD card slot, an AUX mini jack, two USB ports and nine speakers. The driver will find frequently used switches placed close at hand for convenience. Middle-row USB ports enable passengers to use and charge their own multimedia devices.
The luxury grade offers as standard audiophile-quality mobile sound with the available 835‑watt, 15‑speaker Mark Levinson Premium Surround System in conjunction with either navigation system. Advanced Clari‑Fi™ compressed music restoration technology instills new life into digital music files.
Also available, the industry’s first 12.3 inch high-resolution split-screen multimedia display offers a full-screen navigation map or can provide simultaneous access to audio or climate controls and various systems. The option includes the easy-to-use, mouse-like Remote Touch Interface
The RX 450hL, the most powerful and most fuel-efficient RX model, includes as option the heated/ventilated front seats and Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Braking.
- Lexus Hybrid Drive with 3.5-liter V6 engine, Motor Generator 1, Motor Generator 2 and a planetary-type electronic continuously variable transmission.
- Total system power of 230 kW (313hp)
- Standard AWD with independent rear electric motor-generator
- 37 kW nickel metal hydride (Ni‑MH) hybrid battery
- A number of cutting-edge technologies enhance structural rigidity, including high-tech body adhesives and laser screw welding; liberal use of high-tensile strength steel throughout the vehicle, and a process called annular frame construction for strengthened frame sections around the front and rear doors.
- 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels with 235/55R20 tyres
- Lexus Safety System + includes Pre-Collision System (PCS), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) with corrective steering input, Automatic High Beam (AHB) and All-speed Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Braking
- For 2018, all RX and RX L models make Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect complimentary for the first 10 years of vehicle ownership.
- 10 SRS airbags including dual-stage and dual-chamber driver’s and front passenger airbags; driver’s and front passenger knee airbags; front side airbags; rear side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags for all three seat rows.
- 4-sensor, 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Traction Control (TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Hill-start Assist Control
- Additionally, Smart Stop Technology automatically reduces engine power when there is simultaneous application of the brake pedal and accelerator pedal under certain conditions.
- Active front headrests help to reduce the severity of a whiplash injury in the event of certain types of lower speed rear collisions.
- Panoramic View Monitor (optional)
- 10-way power front seats with power lumbar adjustment.
- Acoustic glass windshield.
- Customizable vehicle settings, including personal door-lock preferences, interior/exterior light adjustments, driver’s seat Easy Exit, and window-closure settings.
- Tri-Zone automatic climate control with interior air filter
- Leather seating surfaces
- Leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel with integrated audio controls.
- Lexus Display Audio with 200 mm (8 inch) colour multimedia display and 9 speakers
- Power liftgate with smart power tailgate
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop
LUXURY OPTIONS (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Power sunroof
- Luxury Package includes contents of Premium Package plus 20-inch wheels, heated and ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, semi-aniline leather trimmed seating, power sunroof and smog-sensing climate control system.
- 15-speaker Mark Levinson® Surround Sound system
- Navigation Package with 12.3-inch display, Remote Touch Navigation controller, advanced voice control, Digital Radio (DAB), wireless charger and more.